This bespoke one-day course has been designed for managers, supervisors and duty holders and provides information and guidance on the duty to manage asbestos in non-domestic premises (Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012).
Duty to Manage Course Content
The Duty to Manage course has been developed to extend the asbestos awareness of attendees. More emphasis is placed on the requirements of the duty holder and those responsible for the day to day management of asbestos. Delegates will receive information and instruction on aspects such as the development and monitoring of an Asbestos Management Plan, the implementation of safe working procedures including for emergencies, and how to assess the condition of asbestos containing materials and implementing management actions.
- The course includes the following elements:
- Properties of asbestos
- Types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACMs in buildings
- Health issues in relation to asbestos exposure
- Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 – The Duty to Manage
- The duty holder and their responsibilities
- Development and monitoring of an Asbestos Management Plan
- Implementation of safe working procedures
- Assessing the condition of ACMs and prioritising actions
- Implementation of management actions
- Selection and monitoring of contractors
The content of this course can be tailored to customer’s specific requirements. Please contact us to discuss your training needs.
Course Dates, Cost and Location
This course is offered on the basis of an in-house course delivered at your premises. All course costs available by contacting us on 02380 528571. Discounts may be negotiated for group bookings. Please contact us for further information or to book a course.
Alternatively, courses are occasionally held at our training centre in Southampton on the dates below.
|13th June 2017||Book now|
|5th September 2017||Book now|
Delegates are required to complete a short multiple choice exercise to demonstrate an understanding of the course subjects.
Qualification and Certificates
All delegates who successfully complete this course are issued a Certificate of Achievement.
The Management of Asbestos in Non-Domestic Premises; Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006. Approved Code of Practice and Guidance.